Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Job Status

I completely forgot to update here about my job situation. I posted it on Facebook, but that doesn't really help those of you that I'm not FB friends with.

I did get the Receptionist / Staff Assistant position that I had applied for. I started doing that fulltime on April 27th, so I didn't have to lose any seniority. It's not my ideal job, due to the almost constant contact with people, but I quite like it otherwise. I'm not a people person at all, but I've been told I fake it very well. :p

I do a lot of different things - forward faxes that come through the faxman email account, reserve cars & meeting rooms for folks, track different paperwork on the kiddos, mail out treatment plans & discharge summaries, send the mail out, tear down files, read all the weeklies (forms that document everything that every kid did that week) & log all family contact on a spreadsheet, make copies, inventory the company polo shirts, and whatever else needs to be done.

I'm still working on getting up in time to get ready & get to work at 8am. I realized that this is the first time I've had a normal 8-5 schedule in 12 years.

No comments: