Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I. LOVE. FIREFLY!

Lil'Un & I went to the video store today to get movies for my sick mom (sick as in viral, not twisted) and they had a deal where I ended up getting the first two discs of Firefly free. So while we ate, Lil'Un watched The Princess Bride on the goon tube & I watched Serenity & The Train Job on the 'puter. Woo-hoo! (I would love to look like Morena Baccarin.)

I first heard of Firefly when Frank J and all the folks at
IMAO were getting fired up over Serenity coming out. I saw Serenity twice and then got Firefly from Netflix. This show has some of the best lines ever. Some of my favorites:

Inara: What did I tell you about barging into my shuttle?
Mal: That it was manly and impulsive?
Inara: Yes, precisely, only the exact phrase I used was "don't".

Mal: Can't get paid if you're dead.
Jayne: Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...

[flipping through Simon's journal]
Jayne: "Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

[Playing with toy dinaosaurs]
Wash: "Behold... this land. And we shall call it [pause] this land."
"Maybe we should call it, "your grave!"
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Zoƫ: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Y'all can find a bunch more
here.

No comments: