Thursday, November 17, 2005

Here's one way to wake your kid up to the consequences of their actions.

Tasha Henderson got tired of her 14-year-old daughter's poor grades, her chronic
lateness to class and her talking back to her teachers, so she decided to teach
the girl a lesson.
She made Coretha stand at a busy Oklahoma City
intersection Nov. 4 with a cardboard sign that read: "I don't do my homework and
I act up in school, so my parents are preparing me for my future. Will work for
food."

The girl's grades and behaviour have both improved and yet the mom got turned into the Dept. of Human Services. Sure, she 'suffered' a wee bit of humiliation, but she'll be thankful in few years when a little thing called 'real life' hits. If only more parents would do this. Then, people in my line of work would have fewer psycho teenagers to tame after their parents are done screwing them up.

No comments: