Saturday, January 13, 2007

Retribution

I was playing Civ3 the other day as the French. (I'm usually American or English, but I wanted to hear the little musketeers do the goofy "Ohohoho" thing they do when they fortify.) My opponents were the Germans, Japanese & Italians. Well, Rome, but same thing. Anyway, my civilization was rather large & the others, with the exception of the Japanese, just weren't expanding very quickly. They also kept declaring war on me even though I had over a 100 little soldier dudes & they (the Romans, for example) only had 3 cities & an equally small number of soldiers. Germany, at one point, had one city & 4-5 soldiers & the boy still declared war on me. After I'd taken his other cities in a previous little war, also started by him. What was I do besides annihilate him & take his one little city? Yeah, baby, Hamburg was all mine. As was the rest of the map.

Weird, but I think was a freakish little retribution for WWII. Of course, the French were headed by an American this time, so that might've been the difference. ;D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... you have to love those plucky little Germans.... they'll declare war no matter how prepared they are.....

LadyGunn said...

LOL! So true, so true...

Of course, I have a wee bit of German in me, too. Add that to the Viking/Clan Gunn part and... no wonder a friend at work started calling me Hitler after he saw how I had taken over the map one time. ;D

Anonymous said...

It is pretty funny about the whole Axis Powers happening. As for the Hitler thing, I thought only the kids call you that???

LadyGunn said...

Naw, I'm not the Room Nazi anymore. The girls usually like me & I don't check rooms out very often. I get to drug them every morning, though.

Mmmmm... drugs.... *drool*