Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Winds Of Change

The higher-ups at work have been saying that there will be some changes coming. I found out this morning what effects they will have on me.

It isn't all finalized yet, but my 10 days on/4 days off will be coming to an end in April. Thank God. I love my 4 day weekends but those 10 day stretches have been getting so very long. It's getting to the point where I was wondering if they would mind too terribly much if I simply torched the cottage. (Think they'd notice? Nah.)

I'll most likely be a rover between whatever cottages have the most kids &/or need an extra hand with paperwork or whatever. My hours should stay the same - 11pm to 7am - but the days will change to (probably) Tuesday through Saturday.

That would give me back my Sundays. I've missed out on a lot of stuff with my ratty little friends (as my folks call them) as that is our main socializing day, after church. I also hope to join the church orchestra once my Monday night class is over and if my carpal tunnel gives me a break.

Well, I guess it's more a slight breeze of change than "winds" but, still, it's something.

No comments: