Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Musical Meme

I'm stealing this from caltechgirl.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. No More No Less ~ MercyMe

I hope you stare just long enough to see
The heart that's beating here inside of me
Beyond all the things you may think you know
I'm just a kid trying to make it home, that's it
No more, no less
Lord, I want to go home
Nothing more, nothing less

I love this song, partially because toward the end where they sing the last 2 lines posted here, it sounds like an old fashioned barber shop quartet in the background. I'm a big fan of baritones...

2. She Will Be Loved ~ Maroon 5

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along
My heart is full and my door's always open
You can come anytime you want

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved

3. The Point of No Return ~ The Phantom of the Opera

Past the point of no return -
no backward glances:
our games of make believe
are at an end . . .

Past all thought of "if" or "when" -
no use resisting:
abandon thought,
and let the dream descend . . .

I used to listen to this all the time in the car, but there is now a scratch right smack dab in the middle of this song & it annoys me to no end...

4. A Foggy Day ~ Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

A foggy day in London town,
had me low and had me down
I viewed the morning with alarm,
The British museum
Had lost it's charm
How long, how long I wondered,
Could this thing last,
But the age of miracles hadn't past
And suddenly I saw you there
And in foggy London town,
The sun was shining everywhere

5. I Won't Dance ~ Jane Monheit & Michael Buble

I won't dance, don't ask me
I won't dance, don't ask me
I won't dance monseiur with you
My heart won't let my feet do things that they should do

You know what, you're lovely, you know what, so lovely
And you oh what you do to me
I'm like an ocean wave that's bumped on the shore
I feel so absolutely stumped on the floor

6. Kokomo ~ Beach Boys

Everybody knows a little place like Kokomo
Now if you wanna go to get away from it all
Go down to Kokomo
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to

Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego, baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo,
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go, way down in Kokomo.

7. 455 Rocket ~ Kathy Mattea

Mr. Smith had an oldsmobile
Baby blue with them wire wheels
I took her home the day that she was advertised
He said she leaked when, it would rain
And sounded like an aeroplane
But I knew she was a jewel in disguise

She had a 455 Rocket
The biggest block alive
I couldn't hardly wait just to take my turn
She was made for the straight aways
She grew up hating Chevrolets
She's a Rocket, she was made to burn

Whose junkpile piece of Chevelle is this?
You boys come here to race or just kiss?
Don't you wanna know what I got underneath my hood?
I know she might sound like she's missing
But buddy, she could teach you a lesson
In just a quarter mile, and I'll smoke you good

In my 455 Rocket
The kind the police drive
I couldn't hardly wait just to take my turn
She was made for the straight aways
She grew up hating Chevrolets
She's a Rocket, she was made to burn

I'm telling you and I ain't ashamed
I cried when that wrecker came
As we skid I thought I heard the angels sing (sounded like the Beach Boys)
We hit the curve and began to sail
Took out most of the safety rail
Even the cop asked me
"Man, what'd you have in that thing?"

I had a 455 Rocket
The very kind you drive
You oughta watch yourself when you take that turn
'Cause she was made for the straight aways
She grew up hating Chevrolets
She's a Rocket, she was made to burn
Lord, she's a Rocket she was made to burn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to steal it if you like...

No comments: