Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Update on the Furries

Well, Rumsfeld is home. He's big, but not quite as big as I expected him to be. That's kinda okay though. He's about the same height as a Lab, it's just the forward end & that head that are so huge.

He & Sydney are, umm... working out their differences. Sorta. She's staying up in the closet shelves & he's wondering why she doesn't come play with him. He chased her once the first day - I guess somebody made a sudden move & it was on.

He is about the calmest, sweetest dog I've seen in a long while. He played with Ramone & Kat's Beagle Riley & their neighbor's Lab Festus (love that name) & later with my friend & neighbor C's therapy Lab Teddy. Rummy was so good, he listened to me anytime I talked to him. We went for a several mile walk today & worked on not crowding me or pulling & he improved quite a bit. I can let him loose in the yard while I'm hanging up laundry & he comes right back when I call. By the way, Newton has a strict leash law - $100 fine if he's off the leash at all. No playing fetch in the park, nothin'.

My folks are worried that he'll bite somebody's kids, what with the Rottie in him. But he's a lot less aggressive than 90% of all the dogs I've met, so it's all good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info on letting your dog run loose---we are now watching your house w/ interest

LadyGunn said...

Uh-huh...
Hi Dad. Nice to see ya' here...

Anonymous said...

I'M NOT YOUR DAD YOUNG LADY! You better watch your step. The City of Newton needs your money.

LadyGunn said...

Oh, they get my money...

You should know that Dad, I mean Mr. Chief of Police. By the way, some of your officers are kinda cute. When UMY has a runner, please make sure you send the cute ones to get the paperwork. We staff could use the eye-candy...