Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Food For Thought

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-- George Carlin

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
-- Fred Allen

The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe. But the stupid man will just lay down on some seaweed and roll around in it until he's completely draped in it. Then he'll stand up and go hey, I'm Vine Man.
-- Jack Handey (One of my favourites ~ LG)

We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture.
-- Robin Williams

There is one thing I would break up over and that is if she caught me with another woman. I wouldn't stand for that.
-- Steve Martin

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Floggings will continue until morale improves.

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them. (Another favourite ~ LG)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last one sounds like a line Joker said in Full Metal Jacket:

"I wanted to visit beautiful Vietnam, the jewel of southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!"

LadyGunn said...

Hey, didja know that Animal Mother is Jayne-of-the-cunning-hat-Cobb?

Anonymous said...

yeah, i know that's adam, (and if i didn't, the big giveaway would have been the "i don't care about anyone" stare from the movie is the same as the "ill be in my bunk" stare he gives Inara and the Chancellor) even though i don't like the second half of FMJ as much as the Paris Island recruit training. R. Lee is beyond typecasting... he is IMMORTAL as Gunny Hartman!