Sunday, January 22, 2006

Durn Insomnia

I have had, let's see... 8-ish hours of sleep since Wednesday evening. Started getting a sore throat on Tuesday and it got bad on Thursday. With the pounding headache and the dizziness, there was no way I'd have been able to do the stairs for room checks at work, so I called in sick for that night. The shift supervisor didn't sound very happy with me. Took an Ativan Thursday afternoon and got 2 - 3 hours of sleep, puttered around for a while and took a Flexeril to get another 2 - 3 hours of sleep that night. Spent Friday cleaning house with Mom's help and got another hour of sleep that afternoon before going to work and then sleeping for about an hour today. After I get off work, I'm going to go help in the 3-year-old Sunday School class, go to second service and eat with my friends. Then - hopefully - sleep, sweet sleep. That is, until I come back in at 11pm. Ugh. But, on Monday night I get Bridget back and having a great friend here always helps the night go a lot more quickly.

Maybe I'll have to go back to combining the two sleeping pills for them to do any good. Sometimes I start getting a little desperate when I can't sleep even though I'm exhausted. Perhaps someone out there would volunteer to whack me on the head? Maybe that would work...

No comments: