Thursday, July 12, 2007

This Doctor is the Cause of my Addiction

I am now hooked on the new version of Doctor Who. I was watching Jay's hobbits &, while waiting for The Munsters to come on, we ran across an episode on Sci-Fi. It was "Love & Monsters" with this funky green guy that kinda looked like Fat You-Know-Who from Austin Powers. He absorbed people into himself & then their faces showed up in his skin. Quite, ummm... yucky. I got a kick out of how one chick's red glasses showed up normally on her now green face after she was absorbed. She was, unfortunately, named Ursula & sounded like Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter movies.

The show is pretty cheesy, in fact it's down-right smothered with cheese, but I still like it. I have the first two seasons at the top of my Netflix queue. Charles (a co-worker) & I watched the first disc of season 1 yesterday morning & he said it isn't as cheesy as the old version, which he watched growing up.

I've tried getting Dad to watch some Sci-Fi with me, mainly Firefly & Serenity, but he once told me he didn't get "that Hi-Fi stuff." :-D

No comments: