Monday, June 19, 2006

3 Days To Launch...

The Mothership & I are going on vacation next week.

I know, I know - we had one back in April. But, that was just my last 4-day weekend before moving to a 5-on/2-off week instead of 10-on/4-off week. So this will be the first time I've actually (purposefully) taken time off since the week of Peanut & Jer's wedding last summer.

We're going to head up yonder to the farm where I grew up to visit big brother Flanders, wifey Shell-Bell & their 2.75 kids before going farther north to stay with Mom's cousin. She & her husband have an auction business & we'll most likely be helping out with 1 or 2. We may do a day trip to St. Joe, MO & we also want to see if Haderway House (so named because the Mrs. "had her way " when the house was built), a Victorian-house-turned-English-tea-room, is still open.

Personally, I'll just be glad to be away from the lovely pee-scented cottage here at work for a while. Ya'd think 12-&-13-year-olds would be able to figure out that it's better to go to the bathroom in the actual bathroom rather than their beds or pants. Sheesh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hadherway is no more!
Cuz

Anonymous said...

PTL!

LadyGunn said...

D'oh! Oh well, I'm sure we'll find another tea room. :)