Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Capital Punishment

Those of you who know me know that I am usually pretty easy-going. However I can be a little on the vengeful side too. Especially when it comes to child-raping monsters like the guy jimmyb wants to take down. Or the woman who cut off part of her son's tongue.

I work in a residential treatment facility for kids with emotional & behavioural problems. I have seen kids that are so messed up from being sexually abused, they don't want to live anymore. I have seen scars larger than my hand on a 11-year-old boy's side from where his father burned him with a hot lightbulb. I have seen cigarette burns on kids. There are kids here that cut on themselves after being told that they aren't worth jack squat by their family members. One boy watched his dad shoot & kill his mom.

People who do this to defenseless children need to be exterminated. They have no right to continue polluting this earth with their fetid presence. They should be punished by having done to them what they did to their victims. That Susan Smith woman who drowned her two little boys & then claimed they were kidnapped by a car-jacker? My punishment for her - strap her into a car, moniter her vitals & drown her. Just before she flat-lines, pull her out, revive her & do it again. And again & again. When resuscitation efforts don't work, fine. She would've had plenty of time to consider what those little boys went through while she was slowly on her way to Hades.

Oh yeah, make sure it's all done publicly.

Of course, jimmyb's idea of a bullet would be cheaper & wouldn't waste any more precious time or effort on the scum, but I think that if the public were to see what the results of their actions would be, more people would think twice before harming anyone else. Especially a child.

Now, some may think that this post or my beliefs on capital punishment don't mesh with the Sunday-ish Hymns I post, but in actuality, nothing could be more compatable.

Matthew 18:6 (NIV)
But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

(Thanks, E. David Quammen)

No comments: