Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm Too Slow

Apparently I need to get married soon.

I had my cousin's kids today and I had just picked up Lil'Un from pre-kindergarten. We were on our way to get lunch when suddenly from the back seat I heard a rather strident "Are you married yet?" After a 'huh?' moment, I answered with no and got "Why not?" in response. She sounded so annoyed with me. I asked if I was supposed to be married and, according to the answer, I'm fallin' down on the job.

So, sorry, Lil'Un. But I promise if that day ever comes, you'll be there.

3 comments:

Caltechgirl said...

I get "when are you gonna have kids" from my nieces and nephew. LOL!

LadyGunn said...

All of my siblings have gotten that very shortly after their weddings, several times even at the wedding...

Anonymous said...

I think it was more along the lines of "So when's she due?"