Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ramone The Wild

I'm having a terrible time coming up with usable nicknames for all the family members. I finally remembered the nickname my little brother gave himself years ago.

This kid with blue eyes & curly light blonde hair named himself Ramone. Yeah, you read that right. Ramone.

(Mom just told me he named himself that when his two sisters & three cousins, also girls, put on a 7 course meal for the whole family. He was the head waiter & needed a name to go along with it and so... wah-la!)

Of course, this is the child that would go around saying "Come with me to the Cosbidore". Dad & I think that came from a Three Stooges flick, but we're not sure.

This is also the child who, at age 3, in his little wife-beater & Scooby-Doo underwear, threw rocks at the sheep-shearer's brand spankin' new truck until it broke out the back window. The rest of us were all standing around telling him to stop, but it didn't have much of an impact seeing as how we were all laughing hysterically while saying it. This was while Mom was in the hospital having Peanut. Needless to say, Happy Gram (Mom's mom) was horrified when she saw what her little charges had done/allowed.

I believe he also murdered two, count 'em - two, of the eldest's inflatable boat-raft-thingies. One was (I think) when he over inflated it with the air compressor. The other was in the pond, with hatchet. Of course, who doesn't take a hatchet with them in an inflatable raft?

We lost count of the number of times he flipped the 4-wheeler while jumpin' terraces. He got caught in one of the back wheels when Peanut was driving and she didn't believe him when he yelled to stop because his foot was stuck. Just kept going.

Once, when the parental units were in town, he grabbed all of the cats & the dog and brought them all in the house. We probably had around 20 outside cats. My poor Happy-dog knew she wasn't supposed to be inside but was confused because one of her people picked her & brought her in. She kept whining & looking at the door. I was yelling at the boy while catching cats & putting them outside as fast as I could. I would put one out & he'd bring two more in! It's flippin' hilarious now, but I was so steaming mad then. The 'fun' quit when the folks got home, my momma cat knocked over a jar & I stepped in the shards.

I have a friend who, every time I say that I have a Ramone story, says "Oooh, this is going to be good!" And it usually is, even with my lack of talent for telling a story.

1 comment:

LadyGunn said...

Uh-huh, suuuure...