Sunday, February 05, 2006

R.I.P.

Got home from work yesterday morning to discover that some genius - who apparently needs to get a job or another hobby - broke off my mailbox and bent over the street sign on the corner.

Dad came over and started to dig out the concrete base. The box itself is fine (they broke the standy-deal) so he's going to weld a solid pipe on for the new base. Heh. If anyone wants to mess with the new one, they better bring a torch. On the other hand, I think I'd pay to see that dolt hit it with a sledge. (Can you you say Wiley E. Coyote?)

Maybe I should just leave it down. Those pesky little bills keep showing up in the durn thing...

2 comments:

Caltechgirl said...

I can't help but feel your pain. When we lived out in the country, it was pretty rural but on a busy road, and since our house was set waaaay back from the road, our mailbox was the subject of baseball bat attack at 50 MPH more than once, and even blown up once.

Steel pipe sounds like a plan :)

LadyGunn said...

I knew a guy in high school who got caught after hitting about 15 mailboxes in that same fashion. Needless to say, he never did that again. :-)