Monday, October 09, 2006

Cable

The other night a lady I was working with asked if I had dish. My first thought was "Uh, yeah, I have dishes - what else would I eat off of." Turns out she meant Dish Network or cable. She sounded positively shocked when I answered in the negative.

I'm not going to pay 20 or 30-some dollars each month for something I would hardly use. If they ever come out with a system that allows to you to get just the channels you want, with no minimum, then I'll think about it.

I wouldn't mind having the History channel, Food Network, TV Land, Nick at Nite, TLC, AMC, Turner Classic Movies & Fox News, maybe a few others, but I have no use for 95% of the channels.

Although I would probably waste too much time on the History channel. Dad used to come over on Wednesday nights when I had cable in my first apartment. I would have dinner ready for him when he was done dropping kids off after AWANA & then he'd watch Weapons of War while I went to bed. Half the time I was asleep by the time he left.

I did get hooked on Nick at Nite when I worked night shift at the front desk of a motel in college. I'd watch Gilligan's Island, Bewitched & The Wild, Wild West while setting up the breakfast.

No comments: