Friday, October 27, 2006

It's Time For A Little Culture, My Dahlings

Right now, I am sitting in the back of the church during a performance of The Hiding Place by Ballet Magnificat.

The Hiding Place is the true story of Corrie ten Boom & her family from the Netherlands. During WWII, they hid numerous fugitives - Jewish & Dutch underground - in their home before being betrayed in 1944. Corrie & Betsy's father Casper died quickly in a prison & Betsy, Corrie's sister, later died after 10 months in different concentration camps.

I've not read the Corrie's book The Hiding Place for years, but after this, I'll have to make sure to do that.

(Heh - most people live-blog elections or sports stuff. I live-blog ballet. Always gotta be different...)

Tomorrow night I'm off to the Wichita Symphony. The first chair trumpet used to be our Worship Pastor & our family helped him move this past summer so we all got free tickets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd forgotten that Corrie later met one of the guards from Ravensbruck & was able to forgive him, after a little prayer.

If you ever get the opportunity to go see these dancers, do it. It is truly awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U can come see me dance ballet in my back yard at 11:37 pm this evenig---worth seeing

LadyGunn said...

I'm sorry - I had to be at work at midnight & didn't have time to be sick beforehand.

Thanks for the horrible mental picture uhhh... I mean offer, yeah offer... that's what I meant to say...